Setting up Matching Checks Before Registration
If you want to make sure that users are either prevented from or notified before registering an unmatched document, you can set up Continia Document Capture to automatically check for matches during the registration of the document. If no matches are found, Document Capture will do one of the following, depending on your setup:
- If line recognition is enabled, Document Capture displays an error message in the Comments section of the document journal, preventing you from registering the document.
- If line recognition is disabled, Document Capture displays a dialog in the first step of the registration, notifying you that no matches exist and asking if you want to continue registering the document anyway.
With line recognition disabled, the check doesn't prevent you from registering unmatched documents, but the resulting dialog will make you actively confirm the registration before it's carried out.
Such matching checks are configured per template, so if you enable them for a specific template, they'll apply to all documents for which that template is used.
To set up matching checks, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
- To open the purchase document category, select the PURCHASE line (not the PURCHASE code itself), and then choose Edit in the action bar.
- On the Document Category page, on the Templates FastTab, select the template that you want to configure.
- On the FastTab title bar, select Manage > Edit to open the template card.
- On the Purchase Documents FastTab, under Registration, make the following changes:
- For the Invoice Reg. Step 1 field, select Match Order & Create Invoice.
- For the Credit Memo Reg. Step 1 field, select Match Return Order & Create Credit Memo.
Depending on your template setup, this will either prevent you from registering unmatched documents using this template or ensure that a dialog is displayed in the first step of the registration of such unmatched documents, prompting you to confirm that you want to go through with the registration despite the lack of identified matches.