When you reject a document, it will get the status Rejected but remain in the database for auditing purposes and later retrieval. An alternative to rejecting the document is to delete it, but note that this will delete the document completely from your database. If you prefer to permanently keep all documents in your database, you can prevent the deletion of documents altogether by setting up a document deletion policy. For more information, see Preventing the Deletion of Documents as a Company Policy.
To reject a document, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
- Select the code of the relevant document category – for example, PURCHASE – to open the document journal.
- In the document list, select the document that you want to reject. Select the document line – not the number in the No. column, as this will open the document card.
- In the action bar, select Process and then Reject.
- To find the rejected document, go to Status Filter in the upper-right corner and select Rejected to display all rejected documents in the document list. Your rejected document should now be in the list.