Supported Upgrade Paths for Continia Document Capture (FOB)
This article describes how to upgrade Document Capture for FOB versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. For information on how to upgrade Document Capture for app versions of Business Central, see Upgrading Continia Document Capture for app versions of Business Central.
You can download the Document Capture installation packages and upgrade files for FOB versions on the Continia PartnerZone (only available to partners).
Document Capture (DC) is available in many different versions. If you have an older version, you can always choose to update to the latest one, but note that it may not be possible to upgrade directly and that you may have to update your version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central as well.
We recommend that you upgrade if you:
- Use a version of Document Capture that's no longer supported and you encounter an error that hasn't been corrected for that version.
- Want to use functionality that's only available in newer versions than the one you're using.
In all other scenarios, we strongly encourage you to install service packs. We recommend that you always install the latest service pack to ensure that your version is updated and that any enhancements and bug fixes are implemented.
There's a possible add-in conflict when using Continia Document Output and Continia Document Capture – and by extension Continia Expense Management – and only upgrading one of the products. Read more here (only available to Continia Partners).
In the following list of links, select the version of Document Capture that you're upgrading to for more details and an in-depth upgrade guide:
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2023 R2 (12.00) for FOB versions
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2023 R1 (11.00) for FOB versions
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2022 R2 (10.00) for FOB versions
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2022 R1 (9.00) for FOB versions
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2021 R2 (8.00) for FOB versions
- Upgrading to Continia Document Capture 2021 R1 (7.00) for FOB versions
If you have multiple Continia solutions installed in a FOB version of Business Central and want to upgrade one or more of these solutions, you must take certain steps when importing objects. For more information, see Upgrading with Multiple Continia Solutions Installed (FOB).