Adding Captions to PDF Master Templates
To improve the recognition accuracy of PDF master templates, you can ask Continia Document Capture to suggest captions for the templates based on captions already used in existing source templates (such as vendor templates). The suggestions can then be added to the fields of the master templates.
As Document Capture will use such customer-specific captions added over time in addition to the standard setup, it will be increasingly easier for Document Capture to recognize the fields of imported PDF documents from new vendors (or whenever a new template is created for an existing vendor), resulting in greater overall accuracy.
Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
To open the purchase document category, select the PURCHASE line (not the PURCHASE code itself), and then select Edit in the action bar to open the Document Category card.
On the Templates FastTab, in the list of templates, select the master template for PDF files (PURCHASE-GB).
If there's more than one PDF master template in the category and you don't select a specific one, the first one in the list is used by default.
In the action bar, select Suggest Header Field Captions to open the corresponding page.
Do one of the following:
- In the action bar, select Create Suggestions, and then select Create Suggestions for all fields > OK in the dialog that opens.
- In the list of fields, select the one that you want to create suggestions for, and then select Create Suggestions in the action bar. In the dialog that opens, select Create Suggestions for [selected field] > OK.
A dialog notifies you that a number of captions were suggested. Select OK to close this.
In the list of fields, in the No. of Suggestions column, select the number displayed for the field that you want to view suggestions for.
In the list of suggested captions, in the Select column, select the checkbox(es) of the caption(s) that you want to add to the master template. Select Close to return to the Suggest Header Field Captions page.
If you want to ignore some or all of the suggested captions, simply select the Ignore checkbox for each caption that you want Document Capture to leave out of consideration. Any ignored captions won't be suggested anymore when you run the Create Suggestions routine again in the future.
Repeat steps 7-8 for any additional fields that you want to update with suggested captions in the master template.
Do one of the following:
- In the action bar, select Update Template, and then select Update all template fields > OK in the dialog that opens.
- In the list of fields, select the one that you want to update in the master template, and then select Update Template in the action bar. In the dialog that opens, select Update the [selected field] template field > OK.
A dialog notifies you that a number of captions were created. Select OK to close this.
This will add the selected captions to the PDF master template, either for all relevant template fields (step 10a) or for the one you specifically selected (step 10b).
If you want to see the caption(s) you've added using the guide above, follow these steps:
- Open the Document Category card (as described in steps 1-2 of the guide above).
- On the Templates FastTab, in the list of templates, select the relevant PDF master template, and then select Manage > Edit to open the template card.
- On the Fields FastTab, in the list of template fields, select the one that you'd like to view. This will open the template field card.
- On the General FastTab, under Caption, select the displayed caption to open the Edit - Field Captions page.
This will display a list of all registered captions for the selected template field, including the one(s) you've added yourself.