Enabling Purchase Approval
Most of the basic document approval settings for Continia Document Capture – including those for approval workflows, force approval, four-eyes approval, and approval checks and validations – can be edited from the Document Capture Setup page. This article describes how to access and edit these settings and how to enable purchase approval in the first place.
You can easily enable Document Capture purchase approval using the assisted setup guide. To do this, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Assisted Setup, and then choose the related link to open the corresponding page.
- Under Continia Document Capture, select Create approval workflow to open the assisted setup guide.
- Select Next, and then select the approval workflows that you want to set up. Select Next to continue.
- If you want to set up users as approvers right away, select Open Continia User Setup to open the user setup page, and then edit the list of users as needed. You can also do this later, following this guide.
- If you want to configure a number of more advanced approval settings immediately, select Approval Setup to open the Document Capture Setup page, and then make any necessary changes. You can also do this later, following the guide below.
- Select Next > Finish to complete the guide.
Once you've completed the assisted setup guide, go to the Continia Solution Management page and enable the Document Approval module. For information on how to do this, see Using Continia Solution Management.
You may have already configured some or all of the settings mentioned in the following guide if you enabled purchase approval using the assisted setup guide as described above.
To set up Document Capture purchase approval, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Capture Setup, and then choose the related link.
- On the General FastTab, under Purchase Approval, select the field to the right of Status to open the Edit - Document Capture Setup / Purchase Approval page.
- Under General, you can enable the following kinds of approval and approval settings by toggling their respective switches:
- Enable Order Approval
- Enable Return Order Approval
- Enable Invoice Approval
- Enable Credit Memo Approval
- Allow Force Approval – to actually apply force approval, see Force Approval.
- Use Account and Dimension Approval Permissions – to configure account and dimension permissions for a group or an individual user, see Approval User Groups and Configuring account and dimension permissions.
- Keep On Hold – if you enable this, the Remove On Hold dialog won't be displayed to approvers when they approve documents that have been put on hold. Instead, the on-hold status will be kept by default throughout the approval process.
If, for example, the on-hold status of an invoice is removed, the invoice will appear to have been paid although it actually hasn't. Enabling Keep On Hold will ensure that approvers aren't presented with the option of removing "on hold", thereby preventing them from performing any such unwanted actions.
- Under Email Setup, you can customize the notification emails that are sent to approvers. For more information, see To customize notification emails.
- To enable four-eyes approval, go to 4-eyes Approval and select either Required or Required - both with full amounts limits, depending on what you prefer. Besides enabling four-eyes approval, this will make the following two fields editable:
- 2nd Approver: This allows you to specify if the second approver should be selected manually or automatically. For more details, see Manual or automatic approver identification.
- 4-eyes Threshold Amount (LCY): If you enter an amount in this field, four-eyes approval will be applied only to invoices that exceed this amount in the local currency. All invoices with lower values will only need a single approver rather than two.
If document approval is initiated by an approval flow code, four-eyes approval won't apply even when enabled here.
- If you want amounts and/or dimensions to be checked during or before approval (the latter only applies to dimensions), go to Checks and Validation and fill in the fields as needed.
- Under Purchase Allocation, you can configure automatic or manual creation and posting of purchase allocation entries, if necessary. For more information, see Setting up Purchase Allocations.