To save time and hassle, you can have all documents that match related documents (within an allowed variance) approved automatically. This goes for both manually and automatically matched documents.
As with matching, automatic approval is configured per template, so if you enable it for a specific template, it will apply to all documents for which that template is used.
To set up automatic approval, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
- To open the purchase document category, select the PURCHASE line (not the PURCHASE code itself), and then choose Edit in the action bar.
- On the Document Category page, on the Templates FastTab, select the template that you want to configure.
- On the FastTab title bar, select Manage > Edit to open the template card.
- On the Purchase Documents FastTab, under Approval, enable automatic approval by toggling the Auto Approve within Variance switch.
All documents using the configured template will now be automatically approved if they match their related documents within the defined variance. Each document that's approved this way and subsequently registered will be created as an open purchase invoice or credit memo with the status Released, and the Approval Comments section will indicate that it was automatically approved.