Setting up the Registration of Documents as General Journal Lines
If you prefer to have some of your incoming documents registered as lines in a general journal, you can set Continia Document Capture up to do just that by following the guide below.
To set up documents to be registered directly as general journal lines, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
- Select the PURCHASE line (not the PURCHASE code itself), and then choose Edit in the action bar to open the Document Category page.
- On the General FastTab, under Journal Template, make the following changes:
- Under Journal Template Name, select the journal template to be used when documents are registered as general journal lines.
- Under Journal Batch Name, select the journal batch to be used when documents are registered as general journal lines.
- On the Templates FastTab, select the relevant template in the list, and then select Manage > Edit to open the Template Card.
- On the Purchase Documents FastTab, set Invoice Reg. Step 1 and/or Credit Memo Reg. Step 1 to Create Journal Lines, depending on what documents you want to register as general journal lines (invoices and/or credit memos).
- Optional: If you want general journal lines to be posted upon registration, you can set Invoice Reg. Step 2 and/or Credit Memo Reg. Step 2 to Post, again depending on the type of documents you want to register.
This will change the way documents are registered, so that general journal lines are now created instead of documents in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. For more information, see Registering documents as general journal lines.