You can easily reopen most registered or rejected documents. This is useful if, for example, you’d like to either match a document again or correct any document-recognition errors, or if you rejected a document by mistake.
Note that not all types of documents support reopening, and that some documents can’t be reopened after being posted.
You can only reopen a purchase invoice or credit memo if it hasn’t been posted yet. If a document has already been posted, you may want to use the standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central functionality to correct or cancel it. However, if a purchase invoice or credit memo hasn’t been posted yet, Continia Document Capture will delete the document from the standard purchase tables and reopen it, thereby enabling you to work with it in the document journal or the document card.
To reopen a document, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Document Categories, and then choose the related link.
- Select the code of the relevant document category – for example, PURCHASE – to open the document journal.
- In the upper-right corner, above the action bar, go to Status Filter and select the box to display the filter options. Select Registered or Rejected, depending on what types of documents you want to view.
- The document list will be filtered to display only the selected type of documents. In the list, select the document that you want to reopen. Select the document line – not the number in the No. column, as this will open the document card.
- In the action bar, select Process and then Reopen.
- To find the reopened document, go to Status Filter in the upper-right corner and select Open to display all open documents in the document list. Your reopened document should now be in the list.