Configuring Users for the Web Approval Portal
The process of configuring users for the Continia Web Approval Portal is the same for online and on-premises installations of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. This is done using the Continia user setup, which includes a number of fields that are specific and relevant to the Web Approval Portal. To edit these fields, follow the steps below:
- Choose the icon, enter Continia User Setup, and then choose the related link.
- Select the user whose properties you want to edit.
- In the action bar, select Edit List to make the user entries in the list editable.
- In the Approval Client column, select Continia Web Approval Portal to grant the selected user access to the portal.
- If you want the user to be able to edit purchase lines in the portal, select the checkbox under Can Edit Posting Lines.
- To determine what documents the user can search for in the portal's document archive (either all documents or only the user's own), go to the Document Search column and make your selection.
- Repeat steps 2–6 for any additional users whose properties you want to edit.
- When you're done, select Export Users in the action bar to export the Continia user setup to the Web Approval Portal.
The following applies to Continia-hosted versions of the Web Approval Portal (continiaonline.com): If your organization uses one of the two Business Central user login types Windows or Database (NavUserPassword), the email domains of the configured users must be registered as valid by Continia in order for you to be able to export users. This doesn't apply to the Office 365 login type though.
Note that only verified domain names – such as microsoft.com and similar company domains – can be registered as valid. The domains of a number of well-known third-party email services like gmail.com, yahoo.com, and hotmail.com aren't allowed for this purpose, as such domains can't be verified as belonging to an organization.