Setting up Validation of Purchase Journals
Payment Management is set up to validate the payment information entered on the purchase journals. The validation is enabled by default to notify you about any incorrect or missing information. The validation runs in the background while you're working on the purchase journal and again when you post it.
The validation is executed when you:
- Reopen the purchase journal.
- Reload the purchase journal.
- Manually validate the purchase journal by selecting Validate Journal from the action bar.
- Preview the posting of the journal or post it.
On the purchase journal, enable the Validation FactBox to see potential validation errors for the journal. If you disable the Use Dynamic Validation setting, you must manually run the action Validate Journal to see the validation errors before posting the purchase journal.
To set up purchase journal validation
- Use the icon and search for Payment Management Setup, then select the related link.
- In the Purchase and Payments FastTab, you can change the validation settings.
- Validate Purchase Journal: Validation occurs when you manually select the action Validate Journal on the purchase journal or when you post the journal. This setting is mandatory for Payment Management to perform validation on purchase journals.
- Use Dynamic Journal: Dynamic validation runs in the background while you work on the purchase journal, and any validation errors will be displayed in the Validation FactBox when you reload or reopen the journal. To enable this setting, the Validate Purchase Journal setting must be enabled.