Setting up Customer Reconciliation Rules
You use customer reconciliation rules in the bank account reconciliation, for Payment Management to insert a customer number for unidentified bank statement lines. This will ease the process of identifying a match in the customer ledger entries.
With Statement Intelligence, Payment Management will automatically try to match customer payments by using the OCR related ID. If a payment has been made without specifying either the invoice number or the OCR-ID (Payment ID) other parameters such as date and amount will be used to identify a match. If a unique match can't be found the reconciliation rule will be applied. As an example, for a specific customer you can define a rule, that the customer always writes "LK A/S" in the notification text. When a rule has been met, the customer number will be inserted on the statement line, and you will be able to select and apply the matching customer ledger entries. You'll find information about how to apply the suggested customer ledger entries in the guide Applying Ledger Entries.
- Use the icon and search for Customer Reconciliation Rules, then select the related link.
- In the action bar, select New to create a new reconciliation rule.
- In Account No. chose the customer number that should be applied to the payment line when a payment line meets the search rule.
- In Search text enter the text to be searched for in the vendor payment.
- In Search Principle specify how you want the engine to search for the specified text in the fields enabled for searching.
- Exact indicates that search text must be the exact same as the description or notification on the payment, for the rule to be met.
- From left indicates that search text must match the first part of the description or notification on the payment, for the rule to be met.
- From right indicates that search text must match the last part of the description or notification on the payment, for the rule to be met.
- Within indicates that search text must just appear some place in the description or notification on the payment, for the rule to be met.
- Select Search in Description if you want the search rule to search for Search text in the description of the payment line.
- Select Search in Notification if you want the search rule to search for Search text in the payment line notification.
- If you want to set up more rules, go to the action bar and select New.
- When you have finished setting up reconciliation rules you can close the page.