Defining Alternative Payment Addresses
When paying your vendors, the vendor address and company address might be used in the payment information. If the address includes special characters this can cause errors when processing foreign payments in the bank. To avoid these issues, while maintaining the correct vendor or company address, you can define an alternative address which will be used for payment purposes only.
If a field in the Alternative Payment Address FastTab contains information, this information is used for payments instead of the primary information. This goes for each individual field. For example, if in the Alternative Payment Address FastTab, you only fill in the Address field, this field is used instead of the Address defined under the General FastTab .
- Use the icon and search for Company Information, then select the related link. This opens the company information setup page.
- On the Company Information Setup page, on the Alternative Payment Address FastTab, type in the address information without any special characters.
- Use the icon and search for Vendors, then select the related link.
- On the list of vendors, open the vendor card for whom an alternative address must be created.
- On the vendor card, on the Alternative Vendor Information FastTab, type in the alternative vendor information without any special characters.