Managing the Import of Bank Account Statements
Bank account statements can be imported to the bank account reconciliation either by manually selecting a file or using the direct communication service where bank account statements are imported directly from the bank. To ensure that files are imported correctly you must define the file format and import criteria.
If you import bank account statements manually without using direct communication you must define the file format to be used for the import.
- Use the icon and search for Banks then select the related link. This will open the list of banks.
- Open the relevant bank card for which you want to define import format for manually imported bank statements.
- On the bank card, on the Import/Export FastTab, in the Bank Account Statement File Format field, specify the file format to use when importing bank account statement files. The file format is only selectable when using manual communication.
If several bank account statements are available for import you can define which bank account statement should be prioritized for import when using direct communication.
- Use the icon and search for Statement Intelligence Setup, then select the related link. This will open the Payment Management Setup page.
- On the Statement Intelligence Setup page, on the FastTab General, in the Import Statement By field, specify how you want to import bank account statements for reconciliation. Use the drop-down arrow to choose between the following selections:
- Statement Date: The account statement with the earliest statement date will be imported.
- Entry No.: The account statement with the lowest entry number will be imported.
- Manual Selection: You will be asked to manually select which account statement to import.