Managing the Import of Bank Account Statements
There are two ways to import bank account statements for reconciliation: manual selection of a file or using a direct communication service to import statements directly from the bank. To ensure that files are imported correctly, you must define the file format and import criteria.
If you manually import bank account statements, you must define the file format to use for the import.
To define the import file format:
- Use the icon and search for Banks then select the related link. This will open the list of banks.
- Open the relevant bank card for which you want to define import format for manually imported bank statements.
- On the bank card, on the Import/Export FastTab, in the Bank Account Statement File Format field, specify the file format to use when importing bank account statement files. You can only select the file format when you use manual communication.
If several bank account statements are available for import, you can define which bank account statement should be prioritized when using direct communication.
To manage the selection of bank account statements:
- Use the icon and search for Statement Intelligence Setup, then select the related link. This will open the Payment Management Setup page.
- On the Statement Intelligence Setup page, on the FastTab General, in the Import Statement By field, specify how you want to import bank account statements for reconciliation. Use the drop-down arrow to choose between the following selections:
- Statement Date: The account statement with the earliest statement date will be imported.
- Entry No.: The account statement with the lowest entry number will be imported.
- Manual Selection: You will be asked to manually select which account statement to import.
You can specify how to import bank account statements on the bank account card. Indicating whether to import for reconciliation and when to start the reconciliation determines how the statement is imported and handled in the Job Queue.
To select the bank account statement import method:
Use the icon and search for Bank Account, then select the related link. Select a bank to open the Bank card.
On the Statement Intelligence FastTab, in the Bank Account Statement Import Method field select one of the following options:
- Download only
- Import for reconciliation
- Import and start reconciliation automatically