Managing the Import of Bank Account Statements
You can import bank account statements to the bank account reconciliation by manually selecting a file or using the direct communication service where bank account statements are imported directly from the bank. To ensure that files are imported correctly, you must define the file format and import criteria.
To define import file format for the manual import of account statements
If you manually import bank account statements without using direct communication you must define the file format to use for the import.
To define the import file format:
- Use the icon and search for Banks then select the related link. This will open the list of banks.
- Open the relevant bank card for which you want to define import format for manually imported bank statements.
- On the bank card, on the Import/Export FastTab, in the Bank Account Statement File Format field, specify the file format to use when importing bank account statement files. You can only select the file format when you use manual communication.
To manage the selection of bank account statements to be imported
If several bank account statements are available for import, you can define which bank account statement should be prioritized when using direct communication.
To manage the selection of bank account statements:
- Use the icon and search for Statement Intelligence Setup, then select the related link. This will open the Payment Management Setup page.
- On the Statement Intelligence Setup page, on the FastTab General, in the Import Statement By field, specify how you want to import bank account statements for reconciliation. Use the drop-down arrow to choose between the following selections:
- Statement Date: The account statement with the earliest statement date will be imported.
- Entry No.: The account statement with the lowest entry number will be imported.
- Manual Selection: You will be asked to manually select which account statement to import.
To manage the bank account statement import method
You can specify how to import bank account statements on the bank account card. Indicating whether to import for reconciliation and when to start the reconciliation determines how the statement is imported and handled in the Job Queue.
To select the bank account statement import method:
- Use the icon and search for Bank Account, then select the related link. Select a bank to open the Bank card.
- On the Statement Intelligence FastTab, in the Bank Account Statement Import Method field select one of the following options:
- Download only
- Import for reconciliation
- Import and start reconciliation automatically