Assisted Setups for the Payment Management Configuration
The Configuration of general business functionality of Payment Management is necessary to be able to use the solution. Payment Management comes with the following four assisted setups that are mandatory and must be completed before you can start using the solution:
- Payment Management Assisted Setup
- Bank Account Setup
- Payment Method Setup
- Vendor Payment Information Setup
Before you set up Payment Management, you must ensure that the app has been activated in the company. When you open Business Central for the first time after installing Payment Management, a notification asking you to activate the app will display in the Role Center. For more information about activating Payment Management refer to the articles Using Continia Solution Management (online) or Managing Solutions (on-premises).
This assisted setup of Payment Management helps you set up the basic information for payment notifications and fee accounts.
- Use the icon and search for Payment Management Assisted Setup Guide, then select the related link.
- Fill in the relevant fields in each step of the guide. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- When the setup is complete, close the assisted setup by selecting Finish.
Use the icon and search for Bank Account Setup, then select the related link.
In the bank account overview, select a bank account you wish to set up with Payment Management and select Next.
Fill in the fields in each step of the guide. Hover over a field to read a short description.
After you've set up the bank account, the status in the Bank accounts overview will be set to Ready if the bank account is ready for use.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 to set up more bank accounts.
You can use the Status in the bank account overview, as an indicator of whether the bank account is ready for use. If the status is Not Ready, you must select Next to start the bank account configuration.
For more information on how to set up a bank account to use direct communication, see the relevant onboarding article for your bank.
- Use the icon and search for Assisted Setup of Payment Methods, then select the related link.
- Follow the instructions in the guide and validate the parameters for using payment methods. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- When the setup is complete, in the last step, close the assisted setup guide by selecting Finish.
For more information on how to set up payment methods, see the article Setting up Payment Methods.
- Use the icon and search for Vendor Payment Information Setup, then select the related link.
- Follow the instructions in the guide and validate the payment information that you want to update for your vendors.
If you want to exclude a vendor from being updated by Payment Management, simply set a checkmark in the Exclude column, this will prevent Payment Management from updating the vendor information.
- When the setup is completed, in the last step, close the assisted setup guide by selecting Finish. This will update your vendors with reference to the vendor payment information reviewed in the guide.
For more information on how to set up vendor payment information, see the article Setting up Vendor Payment Information.