Onboarding SpareBank 1 to use Direct Communication
SpareBank 1 is an alliance of 15 independent banks across Norway that collaborate on a common platform and under a common brand. Customers of one of the banks in the SpareBank 1 alliance can use the Payment Management Direct Communication service to send and retrieve bank files between SpareBank 1 and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
SpareBank 1 uses the digital service TietoEVRY to establish the bank integration from Payment Management to SpareBank 1's online bank.
Before you start, make sure you:
- Update the Payment Management app to version 126.96.36.199 or later.
- Activate Direct Communication. For more information, see Setting up Direct Communication.
To authorize the Direct Communication service, you must subscribe to SpareBank 1 bank integration.
- In your online bank select Meny
- Select Betalingsprodukter > Produktoversikt
- Select Koble til Økonomisystem
- Select Continia Software
- Use the Velg kontoer du får innbetalinger på dropdown menu and select the accounts for the Camt 054C files.
SpareBank 1 then verifies the information and if the request is approved, Sparebank 1 sends an encrypted email to Continia Software to notify about the bank integration. The email contains information about the contact person, company name, and VAT number. The VAT number is used by Payment Management for the KYC (Know Your Customer) verification when establishing the connection in Business Central.
Now, you can set up your bank account to use Direct Communication in Payment Management.
In Business Central, select the Search icon , enter Bank Account Setup, and select the related link.
In the bank account overview, select the bank account to which you want to establish the direct communication service.
In the Communication column, select Direct Communication.
Select Next to run the bank account setup and fill in the relevant fields.
On the Specify notification email page, fill in the information needed for the KYC verification.
The VAT Registration No. must be the same as the VAT number that you used when you subscribed to Sparebank 1's bank integration.
On the Establish connection to TietoEVRY page, select Next to continue the bank account setup.
If you haven't subscribed to the bank integration, select Start TietoEVRY signup flow as described in the Prerequisites section. When the signup is approved, go back to Business Central and complete the assisted bank account setup.
Complete the Bank Account Setup flow.
It can take up to 72 hours after you subscribe to the bank integration and complete the assisted Bank Account Setup before SpareBank 1 approves the signup and the connection established at Continia. You can't use the Direct Communication service before you receive a confirmation email from Continia.
After you have set up direct communication with your bank, we recommend you read through the following articles:
- To set up vendor payment information, see the article Setting Up Vendor Payment Information.
- To create a vendor or employee payment suggestion, see the article Suggesting and Processing Payments.
- To import and reconcile bank statements, see the article Importing and Reconciling Bank Statements.
- To import customer payments, see the article Importing Customer Payments.