Onboarding Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line with Direct Communication
As a customer of Handelsbanken, using Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line with Global Gateway SFTP communication, you can send and retrieve bank files between Handelsbanken and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central using the Payment Management Direct Communication service.
This article explains the onboarding process of enabling direct communication between Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line and Payment Management.
If you are using Handelsbanken Netbank Erhverv as your online banking solution, you should use the onboarding scenario for Onboarding Bank Connect banks.
Before you start setting up direct communication with Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line, make sure you have the following prerequisites:
Update the Payment Management app. To enable direct communication, the Payment Management app must be updated to the newest version or as a minimum version 184.108.40.206.
Configure the SMTP setup. The SMTP mail server must have been configured.
Sign up for a Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line agreement. To establish the direct communication service between Payment Management and Handelsbanken you must have access to your bank's online banking solution, and subscribe to the following services:
- Handelsbanken Global On-Line
- Handelsbanken Global Gateway SFTP communication
The SFTP communication agreement must be established in Business Central for authentication and authorization. The agreement must be requested from your Cash Management adviser at the bank. When the agreement has been approved, a web service user is automatically created by Handelsbanken and you will receive a letter with a SHB-number (agreement no.) and user number which is needed when authenticating the connection from Business Central.
- In Business Central, select the icon , enter Bank Account Setup, and then select the related link.
- In the bank account overview, select the Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line bank account for which the direct communication service must be established. Verify that the Communication column is set to Direct Communication, or make sure to activate this during the setup. You can switch between Direct Communication and Manual Communication by using the dropdown menu.
- Select Next to run the bank account setup, and fill in the fields as necessary.
- On the Choose bank system page, choose the HBISO20022 bank system to use GlobalOn-Line.
- On the Create certificate for direct communication page, fill in the fields as requested. Payment Management will auto-fill in most of the fields with existing information from Business Central. Type in the information that you received from the bank. For more information, see Prerequisites.
Field Description Agreement No. Also called Handelsbanken SHB-number. The agreement number is received from Handelsbanken when you have signed the Global On-Line agreement and access has been approved. The number always starts with "33". User No. The User No./User ID is received from Handelsbanken when you have signed the Global On-Line agreement and access has been approved. Pin Code The pin code is your password to Handelsbanken Global Gateway SFTP. It's recommend that you're using combined letters and numbers, as well as capital letters. Do not use "æøå" or other language-specific characters.
- Continue the bank account setup until you are back at the bank account overview. The bank account's Status, displayed in the bank account overview, should now have been updated to Ready, however, you will not be able to use the direct communication service before having received an email from Handelsbanken confirming that the access has been approved.
Once the access to Handelbanken GlobalOn-Line has been established you should log in to your bank to order the files that you wish to receive in Business Central from the bank. It can take up to a day before you are able to receive the files, as the files are generated during the night or early morning and not by request.
To get an overview of the files supported by Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line, see Handelsbanken GlobalOn-Line. To read more about the bank information that is included in the files, see Importing and Exporting Bank Files.