Onboarding Danske Bank with direct communication
As a customer of Danske Bank, using Danske Bank District with Danske Bank Web Service, you can send and retrieve bank files between Danske Bank and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central using the Payment Management Direct Communication service.
This article explains the onboarding process of enabling direct communication between Danske Bank District and Payment Management.
Before you start setting up direct communication with Danske Bank, make sure you have the following prerequisites:
- Update the Payment Management app. To enable direct communication, the Payment Management app must be updated to the newest version or as a minimum version 220.127.116.11.
- Subscribe to Danske Bank District. You must subscribe and have access to Danske Bank District, and a technical EDI Web Service user must be connected to your District agreement with the following modules:
- Cash Management - Account Information
- Cash Management - Payments
- Cash Management - File Transfer
- EDI Web Services
- Request PIN code. To establish the direct communication service between Payment Management and Danske Bank, a certificate must be activated in Business Central for authentication and authorization. The activation of the certificate requires a technical EDI Web service user PIN code which must be requested from your Cash Management adviser at the bank. When the request has been approved, you will receive a letter with the PIN code needed to create a certificate for establishing the connection between Business Central and Danske Bank.
- In Business Central, select the icon , enter Bank Account Setup, and then select the related link.
- In the bank account overview, select the Danske Bank bank account for which you want to set up direct communication. Verify that the Communication column is set to Direct Communication, or make sure to activate this during the setup. You can switch between Direct Communication and Manual Communication by using the dropdown menu.
- Select Next to run the bank account setup, and fill in the fields as necessary.
- On the Create certificate for direct communication page, type in the information that you received from the bank. For more information, see Prerequisites.
Field Description User No. The user number is received in a letter from the bank. Pin Code The pin code is received in a letter from the bank.
- Continue the bank account setup until you are back at the bank account overview. The bank account's Status, displayed in the bank account overview, should now have been updated to Ready, which means that you are ready to start using direct communication.
Once the access to Danske Bank District has been established you should log in to Danske Bank District to order the files that you wish to receive in Business Central from Danske Bank. It can take up to a day before you are able to receive the files as the files are generated during the night or early morning and not by request.
- See this example for ordering ISO CAMT.053 Bank Account Statements.
- See this example for ordering ISO CAMT.054 Bank Account Status Update.
After you have set up direct communication with your bank, we recommend you read through the following articles:
- To set up vendor payment information, see the article Setting Up Vendor Payment Information.
- To create a vendor or employee payment suggestion, see the article Suggesting and Processing Payments.
- To import and reconcile bank statements, see the article Importing and Reconciling Bank Statements.
- To import customer payments, see the article Importing Customer Payments.