Upgrading to the Latest Version
This article describes how to upgrade Payment Management on-premises for the app versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
All upgrade packages are completely free of charge, and we recommend that you upgrade regularly to benefit from all the new features that are continually added to the application. Note that you must be assisted by your Continia partner whenever you carry out an upgrade.
In order to simplify the upgrade process, Continia has developed a PowerShell script that automatically detects if a previous version of Payment Management has been installed. The script then upgrades the app and all dependencies.
To upgrade Payment Management using this script, follow these steps:
- Go to the Continia PartnerZone.
- In the menu at the top, select Downloads.
- Use the filters to locate the latest version of Payment Management, and select Download to download the installation package.
- Extract the product package to a folder on your computer.
- In the app folder, select the folder that matches your Business Central version (your platform), including the correct cumulative update.
As Continia apps are distributed as runtime packages, you must select the right version. Runtime packages are guaranteed to work only if published to a platform with the same version as the one on which they were created.
- To execute the install script, do one of the following:
- Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator.
- In the PowerShell prompt, change the directory to the folder you selected in step 5, and then execute Install.ps1.
- If you have different versions of Business Central installed, select the relevant one in the script.
- When asked to select the solution you want to install, select Payment Management.
- Select the server instance where the app should be installed.
- This will initiate the installation of payment Management, which can take 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of your database. On completion, press any key to exit.
When the upgrade is complete, the previous version of Payment Management is unpublished.
If you upgrade Business Central to a different version or cumulative upgrade, you must uninstall Payment Management and then install the Payment Management runtime package that corresponds to the new version of Business Central.