Migrating Payment Management from FOB to App
Continia provides a free migration tool to ensure an easy and safe transfer of your Payment Management data from the FOB versions of Business Central to the app versions (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central version 15 and newer).
We strongly recommend that the app is installed within a sandbox before installing it in the host machine to ensure that the installation runs as expected.
We recommend that you get familiar with the process of upgrading to Business Central before you start migrating data from one system to another. On Microsoft Docs you can find information about upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and the upgrade considerations.
Complete the following actions before using the Payment Management migration tool:
Post open payment entries. Make sure everything is posted in the cash receipt journal, payment journal, and bank account reconciliation.
Export data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Move all standard data before moving the Payment Management data. Microsoft Dynamics 365 has developed the Cloud Migration Tool for this purpose, which is recommended to use for the data export. The Continia migration tool can only be used in the process of transferring Payment Management data.
Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Set up a Business Central sandbox environment. The upgrade process depends on your current Microsoft Dynamics NAV version. Microsoft Dynamics 365 has made an overview to on-premise and online that guides you through the upgrade process.
Install and activate Payment Management. Install Payment Management in the sandbox environment before moving the Payment Management data. The assisted Payment Management setup guides must be completed.
When activating Payment Management on-premises you will be requested to fill in the customer's client credentials. If you haven't previously received the requested client credentials, please contact the Continia administration, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the customer's Voice ID and your (Microsoft Partner's) email address, or call +45 8230 5000.
Download the Continia Payment Management migration tool. Before migrating the Payment Management data, the migration tool must be downloaded from Continia PartnerZone. On the PartnerZone webpage, navigate to the Download Center, then filter by Payment Management 365 and use the tag Misc to find the migration tool. When the migration tool has been downloaded you can start the migration process.
- Open Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development.
- Navigate to Tools > Object Designer.
- In the Object Designer, choose File > Import.
- In the Migration package downloaded from PartnerZone, select the fob file from the folder matching the current NAV/BC version.
- Run the page 51666.
- On the page Perform Data Migration PM365 fill in the following information:
- Scope: Select Setup. It is important that you do not select ALL or History.
- Company: Choose the given legal entity. If you do not chose a legal entity, all legal entities will be included in the file.
- Choose folder for export: Select to which folder the file should be exported.
- In the action bar, select Create migration data.
- In the action bar, select Export Migration data.
- Open your Business Central sandbox environment.
- Install Payment Management. For more information about installing the online version of Payment Management see the article Installing the Payment Management app.
- Upload the migration app:
- Cloud: Before migration, be aware that it might be necessary to renumber the objects in the migration app before it can be installed in Business Central. This is necessary if the object numbers are already used by another 3rd party product. The ID of the objects must be renumbered so that they are within the range 50000..99999. We recommend that you do this in Microsoft Visual Studio. Once the app is generated, it loads in Business Central.
- On-premises: Find the app located in Continia's Migration Package
- When the installation is complete use the icon and search for Payment Management 365 Migration, then select the related link.
- On the migration page, specify which data you want to import into Business Central. You can import data several times to make the import more manageable.
- In the action bar select Import Migration File. Data selected for import will now be imported from the file into a new page from where the data can be verified before it is finally imported into Business Central.
- Review and verify the imported data.
- Once the data has been reviewed and verified navigate to the action bar and select Approve Import Suggestion.
Payment Management data will now be imported into the Payment Management solution in Business Central. We recommend that you verify all data and settings before completing the migration in your production environment.