Managing Payment Notifications
You can use payment notifications after having processed one or more payments to notify your vendors about the payments. Payment notifications can be sent either via the bank or via bank and email. For more information see Defining Payment Notification Method.
Notifications sent by the bank, are sent when the payments have been processed in the bank. If you are notifying your vendors about payments via email, you must have defined the setup for email notifications and specified a recipient email. For more information, see Setting up Email Notifications.
You can see the payment notification details for a given payment line in the payment journal fact box Payment Notification.
Sending email notifications
Notifications will automatically be sent to the vendors by the bank, but if you have chosen also to notify your vendors using email, your payment notification setup will determine how the email is to be sent. The emails can be sent by one of the following three options:
- On Post: Email notifications are sent when posting the payments in the payment journal.
- Job Queue: Email notifications are sent in accordance with the job queue settings. The payments must have been posted before they can be sent by a job queue. For information about job queue setup, see Setting up Email Notifications.
- Manually: The email notifications are sent from the payment journal by navigating to the action bar and then selecting Prepare > Send Email Notifications. The payments must have been sent/exported before you can manually send the email notifications.
Managing unsent email notifications
You can access an overview of all unsent emails from the payment journal by selecting Prepare > View Unsent Emails. This will open the Notification Email List page with a filtered list of email notifications that have not been sent. If you wish to clear the filter and see all email notifications (both sent and unsent) you can select Show All in the action bar.
In some cases, email notifications aren't sent as expected. This can be the case if the job queue has not yet been processed or in case of errors in the job queue. To see the status of a given job queue use the icon and search for Job Queue Entries, then select the related link. Another reason for unsent emails can be a missing or incorrect recipient email on the vendor card. Correct the recipient email on the vendor card, this will update the recipient email on the unsent email notifications.
After having corrected any potential errors for unsent emails, you can manually execute the sending of the emails from the Notification Email List page by selecting Send Mails.
To adjust a payment notification from the payment journal
- Use the icon and search for Payment Journals, then select the related link.
- Open the relevant journal and select a payment line for which the payment notification must be modified.
- In the action bar, choose Line > Notifications. This will open the notification for the selected payment line.
- Change the details for the payment notification as desired and close the page. You can see the updated information in the notification fact box.
If you've changed the settings for email notifications, such as changing the language code or notification template, or if you have simply changed the notification on a payment line so that it does no longer match the default payment notifications settings, you can restore the payment notification so that it matches the current payment notification setup.
You can restore the payment notification in the payment journal by selecting a payment line, then navigating to the action bar and select Line > Rebuild Payment Notification. This will rebuild the payment notification for the selected line using the existing payment notification settings.
Defining Payment Notification Method
Setting up Email Notifications