Avoiding Reimport of Payments
Payment Management uses the payment reference ID to avoid reimporting the duplicate payments multiple times. However, in rare situations, you may experience the same payment being imported more than once into Business Central. The following examples might lead to a reimport of payments:
- The bank file does not necessarily contain a unique reference ID when using manual communication. Without a unique reference ID, Payment Management cannot determine whether the file has already been imported.
- When using direct communication, the same file can be called multiple times, in which case the file will get a new reference ID for each call.
- When a payment line has been created manually in the payment journal, and manually settled with the invoice.
If a payment line is created more than once in the payment journal, the payment cannot be applied to the invoice, as a previous payment line has already been applied to the invoice. In this case, you will receive an error message at the bottom of the cash receipt journal, notifying you that the associated invoice has already been applied to another payment and then posted.
To delete a duplicate payment line and avoid reimport
- Use the icon and search for Cash Receipt Journals, then select the related link.
- Open the relevant journal.
- Select the payment line that you want to eliminate for reimport.
- In the action bar, select Related > Delete and set as imported.
The selected line will now be deleted from the cash receipt journal. The corresponding line in Bank Export Data will be marked as Imported to the Company, indicating that it cannot be imported again.