Scope of Support Services
Continia software is known for its excellent support and always strives to help partners to the greatest extent possible. However, the unfortunate combination of somewhat limited capacity and an ever-increasing demand for support often makes it necessary to control what support is provided to whom, in order to ensure that partners with critical issues and issues relating to supported versions of Continia OPplus get the excellent support they've come to expect.
This article details exactly what types of support Continia does and doesn't provide, thereby making it easy for you as a partner to understand when to rely on Continia for help, what OPplus versions are supported, and what's outside the scope of support. The article also ensures that you know what skills you must possess or acquire yourself in order to be able to support any Microsoft Dynamics Business Central installation with OPplus installed.
Continia provides ongoing support of all OPplus releases for at least two years after each release date. Currently, the following versions of OPplus are supported:
|Support end date
|OPplus 2022 R2
|Oct. 1, 2022
|Oct. 1, 2024
Upgrading to a supported OPplus version is strongly recommended whenever end-users using an unsupported version either 1) encounter issues that haven't been corrected in a service pack for the old version or 2) will clearly benefit from the enhanced functionality of the newer version.
For all supported versions of OPplus, service packs are released on an ongoing basis to ensure that any errors are corrected. We highly recommend that you as a partner implement these service packs regularly. With each service pack, end-users of OPplus get easy and quick access to all corrections and improvements in one go, thereby significantly increasing the stability of their systems.
When a client identifies an issue in a supported version of OPplus and it's likely the problem is caused by OPplus code, Continia offers help, debugging assistance, and determination of whether or not the issue was caused by a bug in OPplus. If this is considered unlikely, you as a partner must document that the issue was indeed caused by OPplus and not by standard Business Central functionality or by the presence of any other add-ons, extensions, or customizations. Whenever a OPplus bug causes an issue, Continia will make sure that the issue is corrected as fast as possible, provided that it's a critical issue (one that blocks essential business processes and has no known workarounds). If the issue is non-critical, it will be corrected in an upcoming service pack instead.
For supported versions of OPplus, Continia provides support covering the following components and scenarios:
- Help and debugging assistance when errors occur in the OPplus code
- Help and advice concerning functionality that doesn't work as intended
- Errors in add-ins
- Incorrect import of bank files such as status files and bank account statements
- Performance issues related to OPplus functionality
For unsupported versions of OPplus, Continia provides support covering the following components and scenarios:
- Questions about OPplus functionality: All questions about the functionality of any version of OPplus will be answered to the extent that the Continia staff is capable of answering them without in-depth research. If the staff doesn't know the immediate answer to a question relating to an unsupported version of OPplus, the staff will instead explain how the corresponding functionality works in a supported version.
Continia will not spend time investigating the operability of old, unsupported versions of OPplus.
- Questions about OPplus errors: All questions about specific OPplus errors will be answered to the extent that the Continia staff is capable of answering them without in-depth research. If the staff doesn't know the immediate answer to a question relating to an unsupported version of OPplus, the staff will instead explain how to deal with the error in a supported version.
Continia will not spend time investigating why the error occurs in old, unsupported versions of OPplus.
- Questions and issues related to:
- Communication with Continia Online
- Questions about any of the following:
- Demo licenses and the issuing of new demo licenses
- The licensing of OPplus
- Client credentials
- How to upgrade OPplus
- What to do and consider when renaming companies
- Add-in errors
- The OPplus Service, including upgrading
Continia doesn't support issues relating to Business Central code for unsupported versions of OPplus. This means that for these versions, Continia will not help debug any issues in Business Central or develop hotfixes for errors in the code. If an error is identified in an unsupported version of OPplus, customers must either upgrade to a supported version or correct the issue themselves. If the error is still present in a supported version of OPplus, it will only be corrected in the supported version.
For any version of Business Central or any version of OPplus, Continia doesn't support any of the following:
- Standard Business Central errors
- Issues likely to be caused by infrastructure, including network configuration, firewalls, and proxy servers
- Estimation of time required to implement or upgrade OPplus
- Help and assistance in customizing OPplus – just as for standard Business Central, partners are expected to know the solution and/or have the skills to investigate how it works when customizations are to be made
For unsupported versions of OPplus, in addition to the above, Continia doesn't support any of the following:
- Errors in the OPplus Business Central code, including debugging assistance
- Performance issues
- Issues with functionality that doesn't work as expected
- Incorrect import of bank files