Setting up Per Diem Rates
It's important to all parties involved that per diem rates are set up correctly so that the correct amounts are refunded. In this article, you can read about how it's done.
Remember to enable the per diem features you want to use on the Expense Management Setup page because otherwise you won't see them on the respective pages.
To define a per diem rate for a per diem group, follow the steps below:
- Choose the icon, enter Per Diem Groups, and then choose the related link.
- Select an existing per diem group, or select New in the action bar to create a new per diem group following this guide.
- In the General FastTab, under Posting Groups, insert a new line.
- Fill out Destination Country/Region and Destination Name if necessary.
- Fill out Accommodation Allowance Code and Meal Allowance Code.
- Select Allowance Rates.
- In the dialog box, select Yes to create a new rate.
- Fill out the fields in the FastTabs as needed.
On the same page, in the Meals FastTab, you have the option to specify sub rates should you need it. See how below.
To set up sub rates for a per diem rate, follow these steps:
- In the Meals FastTab, next to Calculation Method, choose Sub rates.
- In the Per Diem Rate Details table, fill out the fields as necessary.