Moving a Mileage Expense to Another Company
When you have multiple companies set up in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you may occasionally need to transfer a mileage expense in Continia Expense Management from one company to another. This can be relevant in situations where you've configured Expense Management to import all mileage expenses to a specific company, or if someone mistakenly sends a mileage expense to the wrong company.
For the following guide to work, you must have more than one company set up in Business Central – otherwise, the Move to Company field will not be available. Additionally, ensure that Expense Management is installed, activated, and properly set up in all the relevant companies where you want to move mileage expenses between.
To manually move a mileage expense from one company to another, follow these steps:
- Select the icon, enter Expenses, and select the related link.
- In the document list, select the document that you want to move.
- On the action bar, select Actions > Functions > Move to Company
- On the Move to Company page, in the Name column, select the name of the company that you want to move the selected document to.
- If the document transfer was successful, a dialog box will confirm that the selected document was moved to the selected company. Select OK to close the dialog box and return to the document page.
However, if the document transfer encounters an error in step 5, a dialog box with an error message will appear. This may be due to Expense Management not being activated or correctly set up in the destination company. To resolve this issue, click OK to close the dialog box, and then ensure that Expense Management is activated and fully functional in all relevant companies.