Installing Continia Expense Management On-Premises
This article describes how to install Expense Management in on-premises deployments of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Note that you must be assisted by your Continia partner whenever you install the software.
To install Expense Management
In order to simplify the installation process, Continia has developed a PowerShell script which ensures that Expense Management is installed correctly and that all dependencies work as intended.
To install Expense Management using this script, follow these steps:
- Go to the Continia PartnerZone.
- In the menu at the top, select Downloads.
- Use the filters to locate the latest version of Expense Management, and select Download to download the installation package.
- Extract the product package to a folder on the computer with the Business Central Service Tier. From this folder, run the setup.exe file to open the Expense Manageemnt installer.
- In the installer, select Server Components, and then select your version of Business Central.
The installer will update the Add-ins folder (client and/or server) in the standard installation path. So if your installation path differs from the standard Microsoft path, be sure to copy the new Add-ins folder to the folder that your installation resides in.
- In the app folder, select the folder that matches your Business Central version (your platform), including the correct cumulative update.
As Continia apps are distributed as runtime packages, you must select the right version. Runtime packages are guaranteed to work only if published to a platform with the same version as the one on which they were created.
- To execute the install script, do as follows:
- Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator.
- In the PowerShell prompt, change the directory to the folder you selected in step 6, and then execute Install.ps1.
- If you have different versions of Business Central installed, select the relevant one in the script.
- When asked to select the solution you want to install, select Expense Management.
- Select the server instance where the app should be installed.
- This will initiate the installation of Expense Management, which can take 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of your database. On completion, press any key to exit.
If you upgrade Business Central to a different version or cumulative upgrade, you must uninstall Expense Management and then install the Expense Management runtime package that corresponds to the new version of Business Central.