Posting Mileage Expenses
A mileage expense that's been approved can be posted so that the relevant accounts are updated in Business Central, and ultimately the user is reimbursed.
Once a mileage expense is posted, it can't be updated anymore.
Mileage expenses can be posted individually or as a batch. Below there are examples of both methods.
You can post an expense by following the example below. Posting other mileage expenses types is similar.
To post an individual expense, follow these steps:
- Choose the search icon, enter Expenses , and then choose the related link.
- Select the expense you want to post. Please note that the expense must be approved already.
- On the action bar, select Process > Post.
- The document will now be posted and moved to Posted Expenses.
When posting a mileage expense, further checks are carried out. If there are warnings, a dialogue with the issue will be displayed. If the issue can be bypassed, the purpose of the dialogue is to inform you about potential issues. On the other hand, when there are errors, an error message will be displayed, and these errors have to be corrected before you can post the document.
You can also post multiple expenses as a batch. To do this, follow these steps:
- Choose the search icon, enter Expenses, and then choose the related link.
- On the action bar, select Process > Post batch.
- A dialogue will be displayed where further details need to be specified.
- If you want to group expenses into a settlement, you can do so by selecting Group by Settlement. All expenses will be added to a new settlement, and the settlement will be posted, posting all the mileage expenses together.
- When you post multiple expenses, it's possible to change the posting date. You do this by enabling Replace posting date and then choosing the method of replacement.
- On the Filter: Expense section, you can specify filters on which mileage expenses should be posted.
- Click OK, and the mileage expenses will be posted and moved to Posted Expenses.
When posting mileage expenses in a batch, mileage expenses with a warning or error comment will be skipped as the admin must do further corrections. The admin will get feedback about the related issues and is expected to process the mileage expenses in question individually.