Moving a Mileage Expense to Another Company
When you have multiple companies set up in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you may sometimes want to move a mileage expense in Continia Expense Management from one company to another. This could be relevant if you’ve set up Expense Management to import all mileage expenses to one particular company, or if somebody by mistake sends a mileage expense to the wrong company.
In order for the following guide to work, you must have more than one company set up in Business Central – otherwise the Move to Company... field will not be available. Also, Expense Management must be installed, activated, and set up correctly in all companies that you want to move mileage expenses between.
To manually move a mileage expense from one company to another, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Expenses, and then choose the related link.
- In the document list, select the document that you want to move.
- In the action bar, select Actions > Functions > Move to Company...
- On the Move to Company page, in the Name column, select the name of the company that you want to move the selected document to.
- If the document transfer was successful, a dialog box will confirm that the selected document was moved to the selected company. Select OK to close the dialog box and return to the document page.
However, if the document transfer was unsuccessful in step 5 above, a dialog box with an error message will appear instead. This may be because Expense Management was not activated or set up correctly in the destination company. To resolve this issue, select OK to close the dialog box, and then make sure that Expense Management is activated and fully functional in all relevant companies.