Password Protecting PDF Files
There is a vulnerability when you send emails with attached unprotected PDF files. One way of remedying this is to add a level of security by protecting PDF files with a password that's shared with the receiver.
You can specify PDF passwords for both individual templates and individual customers.
Specifying a PDF password
To set a PDF password that's specific for a certain template, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Email Templates, and then choose the related link.
- Select the email template for which you want to enable a PDF password.
- In the General FastTab, under Advanced, specify a PDF password.
When you've specified a PDF password for an email template, this password grants access to the attached PDF file.
With this setup, all PDF files attached to emails you send using this template will be protected by the same password.
To set a PDF password that's specific for a certain customer, follow these steps:
- Choose the icon, enter Customers, and then choose the related link.
- Select the customer for which you want to use a PDF password.
- In the Document Output FactBox, select the field to the right of Output Profile. This field will usually say Email.
- In the General FastTab, specify the PDF password that will be used for all templates when documents are sent to this customer.
This feature doesn't include functionality to share passwords with customers.