Setting up the Continia Delivery Network
All users of the Continia Delivery Network must be onboarded by Continia before they can start using the system. To do this, follow these steps:
- To open the assisted setup guide for onboarding, do one of the following:
- Choose the icon, enter Continia Delivery Network Onboarding, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the icon, enter Continia Delivery Network Participations, and then choose the related link. In the action bar, select New and then Create new participation.
- The Continia Delivery Network Onboarding assisted setup guide opens. Select Next.
- Fill in all fields as required. Some of the fields may be prefilled based on your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central company details, but you can enter new details if necessary.
- If you want other people and organizations to be able to find you in the Peppol Directory and to see that you're part of the PEPPOL network, enable the Publish in Registry toggle.
- Under Please select the profiles you want to be registered with, add your preferred profile(s). In this context, a profile is a type of document that you want to be able to send/receive. You can add multiple profiles, and they can be added either individually or in groups. Note that the PEPPOL BIS3.0 profile is mandatory for all participations.
In the Profile Direction column, you can choose the direction of each profile, i.e. whether you want to be able to send and/or receive this particular type of document. Choose the Output profile you want to use and that is supported in your country. See a list of supported document formats by country here.
- Select Next > Finish to join the Continia Delivery Network.
Your onboarding registration will have to be approved manually by Continia before you've officially joined the network. This can take up to two days and may require you to provide more information in order for Continia to be able to validate your details.
When you've completed the Continia Delivery Network Onboarding assisted setup guide as described above, you've created what's known as a participation. A participation is basically any organization or legal entity that has joined – or requested to join – the Continia Delivery Network and is now registered as such.
Two of the fields you fill in when completing the assisted setup guide for onboarding are used to uniquely identify each particpation: Identifier Type ID and Identifier Value. This means that although you can create multiple participations (for example one for each legal entity within an organization), you can't create two or more participations with the same pair of identifier ID and identifier value. The identifier ID and its corresponding value are unique to the participation they were used to create, and they can therefore only be used once.
If you've previously joined the PEPPOL network via another service provider than Continia, you must unregister with that service provider in order to be able to join the Continia Delivery Network. If this is the case for you, please contact your dedicated Continia partner for assistance.
All the participations you create are added to the list of participations. To open this list, choose the icon, enter Continia Delivery Network Participations, and then choose the related link. The list provides a good overview of your participations and their respective statuses. A participation can have one of three different statuses:
- Pending approval: All newly created participations get this status immediately upon creation and keep it until they've been manually approved by Continia.
- Connected: This is the status given to all participations that have been approved by Continia. With this status, you can send/receive documents via the Continia Delivery Network.
- Rejected: Participations that Continia has been unable to approve are marked as rejected, typically accompanied by a note on the cause of the rejection.
If your participation is rejected, you can edit and resubmit it directly from the participations list.