Upgrading Continia Document Output for app versions of Business Central
This article describes how to upgrade Document Output for app versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. For information on how to upgrade Document Output for FOB versions of Business Central, see Supported Upgrade Paths for Continia Document Output (FOB).
All upgrade packages are completely free of charge, and we recommend that you upgrade regularly to benefit from all the new features that are continually added to the application. Note that you must be assisted by your Continia partner whenever you carry out an upgrade.
In order to simplify the upgrade process, Continia has developed a PowerShell script that automatically detects if a previous version of Document Output has been installed. The script then upgrades the app and all dependencies.
To upgrade Document Output using this script, follow these steps:
- Go to the Continia PartnerZone.
- In the menu at the top, select Downloads.
- Use the filters to locate the latest version of Document Output, and select Download to download the upgrade package.
- Extract the product package to a folder on your computer.
- Go to Software\Service Tier\[Business Central version], and copy the Continia Doc. Output folder to the Add-ins folder on the relevant server(s).
The Add-ins folder is typically located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\[three-digit version number]\Service\Add-ins.
- Make sure that no DLL files are blocked: For each DLL file in the Continia Doc. Output folder that you just copied, right-click the DLL file and select Properties. If a security message appears at the bottom of the General tab of the Properties page, select Unblock and then OK.
- In the app folder, select the folder that matches your Business Central version (your platform), including the correct cumulative update.
As Continia apps are distributed as runtime packages, you must select the right version. Runtime packages are guaranteed to work only if published to a platform with the same version as the one on which they were created.
- To execute the install script, do one of the following (note that you must be an administrator):
- In the folder you selected in the previous step, right-click on Install.ps1 and select Run with PowerShell.
- Run the script from a PowerShell shell.
- If you have different versions of Business Central installed, select the relevant one in the script.
- When asked to select the solution you want to install, select Document Output.
- Select the server instance where the app should be upgraded.
- This will initiate the upgrade of Document Output, which can take 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of your database. On completion, press any key to exit.
When the upgrade is complete, the previous version of Document Output is unpublished. Following the upgrade, make sure that your setup is up to date by running the assisted setup guide: In the Search box, enter Setup Wizard and choose the related link. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the guide.