Create OCR payment (Sweden)
In this article you will find a guide on how to create a Swedish OCR payment.
A Swedish OCR payment is made by choosing OCR as the payment method on the vendor. According to this payment method, you can set up a payment identification code.
- Select the icon or enter Ctrl-F3, enter Vendors,and select the related link.
- Select the vendor, and then the function Payment Information.
- In Vendor Payment Information, in the field Payment Method select an OCR-based payment method, for example 1230300, or select the field Vendor Payment Group and select SE-BG OCR, witch will automatically insert the right payment method.
- In Vendor Payment Information, in the field Vendor No. (PBS/BGC) enter the vendors creditor account number or giro number according to the vendor invoice.
- In Vendor Payment Information, in the field Pmt. Ident. Def. Code select the payment definition code that matches vendors invoice. The selected payment definition code determines how the payment identification is built up. If you choose e.g. "SE-OCR1", then the structure will be; "External Document No.", limited to 7 digits and "Modulus 10 control character", limited to 1 digit.
- Select OK to close the window,
- Create a purchase invoice and enter vendors invoice number (OCR).
- On the purchase invoice, select the function Payment Information.
- Verify that Payment ID is generated correctly, according to your Pmt. Ident. Def. settings above.
- Select OK to close the window.
- Select the icon , type in Payment Journal Payment Management, and select the related link.
- In the payment journal, select the function Suggest Vendor Payments, to create vendor payment entries in the journal. Filter if necessary to the individual vendor.
- Select the function Payment Overview, which shows the detailed payment information.
- Approve and send the payment to the bank if you use direct communication, or export the payment file and import it in your bank, if you use manual communication.