Installation of permission set
In order for you to assign specific permissions to specific users or user groups in Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises, Continia Payment Management comes with a set of permissions that target specific roles in the company to use Payment Management.
These permission sets must be installed in your Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises by running a specific CodeUnit in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment.
Install the permission sets for Payment Management as follows:
- Open Tools on the menu bar in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment. Select Object Designer.
- Select Codeunit in the menu bar on the left.
- Place the cursor in the ID column.
- Open View in the menu bar. Select Field Filter, which opens the Field Filter window for the given column.
- In the window there is a search field where you have to type 6016834. Press Enter.
- This filters to the required Codeunit. Click Run, which is located at the bottom right.
- The permission sets are now created in Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises.
You should be aware that these permission sets must subsequently be assigned to the individual users or user groups manually. Read more about how you assign permission sets to users and user groups in section Assigning permission sets to users and user groups.
Once you have completed the 5 steps of installing Payment Management, you are now ready to set up and configure the extension. We recommend that you start by reading the section Setup and Configuration in the User's Guide.