Installation of objects
The installation of objects for Continia Payment Management is made in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment by importing and compiling the required objects.
If changes have been made to certain Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises objects, please be aware that these changes may be overwritten when installing Payment Management.
It is a prerequisite for the installation that you have downloaded the latest product package from Continia PartnerZone. Unpack the product package to a location of your choice and remember to check that the files are not blocked by Windows.
- Open Tools on the menu bar in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment. Select Object Designer.
- Open File in the menu bar. Select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you have copied the product package: Select the folder corresponding to the location of the Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises -location used. If a the Danish version is used, select the "Objects - DK" folder.
- Choose the object file that corresponds to the Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises -version used.
- Click Open to import the objects.
- Once the objects are imported, continue compiling below.
- Choose All in the menu bar on the left.
- Place the cursor in the Version List column.
- Open File in the menu bar. Select Field Filter, which opens the Field Filter window for the given column.
- In the window there is a search field where you have to type *PM*. Press Enter.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all objects. Open Tools in the menu bar and select Compile.
- Press OK and wait while the objects are compiled.
- Repeat steps 2-6, but instead of *PM*, type *BAS* in the search field.
- Repeat steps 2-4, but now make sure the search box is blank.
- Choose All in the menu bar on the left. Repeat steps 5-6.
- The objects are now compiled and Payment Management is installed.
- As a final step, the ServiceTier service for Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises must be restarted.
- You can now remove the files from the product package.
- The installation is complete.
In the latest editions of Dynamics NAV and Business Central on-premises we have experienced problems installing objects on brand new installations. When re-installing Dynamics NAV and Business Central on-premises, schemes for all tables are synchronized, which can take several minutes - so you have to be patient.
If you have installed a completely new installation, then this synchronization will run in the background and may not be completed before you install and compile the new objects to Payment Management. This gives various errors when trying to compile the objects.
The solution is either to start an RTC client before starting Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment, or after installing Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises before installing the objects to Payment Management, runs a synchronization of all tables.
How to synchronize the tables:
- Open Functions on the menu bar in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment. Select Synchronize schemes for all tables.
- Click Yes to continue.
- The tables are now synchronized.
- When the installation is complete, you can continue compiling the objects as described above.
Each time Continia releases a new version of Payment Management, despite our extremely extensive tests, there will be a risk that there are errors or inconveniences in the solution. Should such a situation arise, Continia immediately corrects and releases a Hotfix on each correction.
Hotfixes are included in the product package as soon as they are tested and the product package on Continia PartnerZone updated. Everyone who has downloaded the product package will automatically receive an email that there are new fixes for the solution.
After installing the objects, you should make sure that you also import any Hotfixes that may have been released since the last released version.
Check for files in the Hotfixes folder that you find at the root of the product package folder. If the folder is empty and you have downloaded the latest product package, there are no fixes for your version of Payment Management - in other words you are using the latest version of the solution.
If you find files in the folder, similar to the location, and similar to the version of Dynamics NAV or Business Central on-premises you are using, you should import and compile these objects. Follow the instructions at the top of the page, but instead use the Hotfixes folder as a starting point for where to import the objects from.
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact our Supporters.